Monday, January 14, 2013

Siesta Scripture Memory 2013

Any ladies out there fans of Beth Moore? Of Lifeway? My good golly, I am so moved by the word and the way Beth breaks it down in her studies are so beautiful. The Lord has blessed that woman with SO much wisdom and knowledge. There are moments where I will be in the middle of when her studies and I will do a lesson on my own, then I will watch the next week's video session and think, "Did we just read the same verse? Am I even in the right book?!?" Mostly because she opens up the Word and it just SPEAKS to her. I admire her and I am so grateful that she is sharing her gift with the world. 

Beth, if you are reading this please
be my friend!
I'll tone down the desperation...
I truly could blab about how much I love Beth but this post is about something else--still involving Beth! I am officially signing up for Siesta Scripture Memory team as of right now. If you haven't heard about it, let me give you a brief summary of what it involves. You commit to memorizing TWO verses from scripture a month. On the 1st and the 15th you go the LPM blog on this page and you comment with your name, your town, and the verse you're committing to memorize in those two weeks. At the end of the year there is a huge celebration in Houston where your scripture book is your ticket in and it's one huge celebration...there's more to it but that's a quick synopsis of it all. I am so excited! I know the Lord has something great planned for 2013 and I want to soak myself deep in the vast ocean of His love and promise. 

Did I mention, you pick your own verses! This is about growing in the word and whatever life stage you're in. So for my first one which is late...I am using one of Beth's.

You crown the year with Your bounty, and Your carts overflow with abundance.  Psalm 65:11 NIV 

We are about two weeks into this year and I think this is a great one to kick off the Memorizing with. I am so proud of what I accomplished and how the Lord tranformed me in 2012 and I want to begin this year by allowing the overflow to continue to bless those around me including myself. 

Anyone else doing Siesta this year? If so, did you purchase the notebook sold by Lifeway? I was thinking about making my own (which is allowed in the rules) and doing a post on how I decorate it but I'm not sure yet. Let me know!

God Bless,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment