Sunday, January 13, 2013

Big town, Small voice


Alright so here's the apology in advance, I talk too much. I hope that during this experience I learn to condense every thing I have to say & I can stick to what is relevant in the current post. Until then...I am very sorry! 

So here we go.
My name is Valerie and I live in Buda, Texas. "But your bio says Austin..." Okay, well you've caught me. I live in a small town right outside of Austin. I hop on the interstate and I'm in my beloved Capital in about five minutes. I am in love with the city and the eclectic people that have made it home. I love the live music scene and all of the amazing vintage, thrift, and consignment shops that you can discover daily. There is truly no shortage of second hand treasures that are just waiting to be discovered! BUT at the end of the day I love that I can jump on that interstate again and sail back to the land of the calm in my hometown of Buda. It's growing and to some it might not qualify as small town anymore because of mega companies like Cabela's & Wal-Mart building a small part of their empires here but to me it's always going to be the place where I could look out my back yard and see acres of land and cows. I grew up here with a strong sense of pride in the place where Fridays meant Rebel football games & Sundays mean church in the morning and evening. Family and Jesus--that's what it's all about. AmIRightorWhat?

I am currently a receptionist/Spanish teacher at a local private school that currently has Infants to 5th grade. My daily schedule is mornings in the office, Spanish classes mid-day, and ending the day in the Infant room giving the lady in there her lunch hour break. I am blessed to be a part of a wonderful family at my job and to have found a home at work. I have realized I am that kooky teacher we all had at one point who takes her heels off and sits on her desk during discussions and lessons. I use music a lot when I teach and usually make a fool of myself by inventing dance moves to help the kids remember what I'm teaching. I am passionate about children...but I'm starting to see that I might not be absolutely passionate about teaching. I am darn good at what I do, and I love it, but I'm not IN LOVE with it. If that makes any sense...which it might not. I am trying to figure out where the Lord might be leading me with these feelings. I know he's got a plan for this short life of mine but I am seeking his will. Perhaps some of you can pray for me on this part of my life. I need guidance--I need to figure out what I want to do with my life. I just want to reach the end of it and know that I have nothing left to give to this world because I used every ounce of God's gifts to honor His kingdom. 

Oh sweet mercy, Honor His kingdom. I will fall short of this a lot, I am sure I will do that on this blog too. I suppose what I am trying to say is that my hope is that ya'll cut me a break when I stumble and that I am given the same mercy that we all hope to receive from Christ himself. If I make a monumental mistake and hurt my testimony in any way I would hope that someone would give me a slight nudge with an e-mail. Remember that much more is accomplished through love and compassion and that I do not seek parents on the internet...so keep the ugly to yourself. But as a sister in Christ--please, let me know when I am stepping off the path of light. I seek growth and a daily transformation in the Lord and I never want to be anybody's stumbling block. There will be times where I will talk about spiritual situations on here, if you don't believe please don't get offended. I seek to only pass on God's love, not to turn people away from him.
Perhaps a little background-- I am Southern Baptist and am a member of Calvary Baptist Church in San Marcos, Texas. I was saved at eight years old, and was baptized at fifteen. I strayed for a long time after I turned 19. I was angry at a lot of things but have since taken a million steps back to my Savior and am eternally grateful that I am redeemed through him and that he has never parted from me. 

Already--the post is quite lengthy and I still don't feel like I said much. 
I'm just excited to finally have a voice on here!

God Bless,
Valerie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind email. So happy my blogging tutorials were helpful. You are going to have so much fun blogging.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. One blogging tip. Your comment on the blog header post was a "no reply"...no email address attached to your blog. You can read about how to change that on my right side bar.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete